During your visit to the Mansion House, your safety is our priority, and we want to make sure you can arrive for your visit confident in our team, the house, and everything in between. We’ve put a number of steps in place to ensure everyone stays as safe as possible while visiting.
Our safety and hygiene standards have been awarded the VisitBritain industry standard ‘We’re Good To Go’, so you can be reassured that we adhere to Government and industry guidelines at all stages of your experience.
We'll be updating this page regularly, so don't hesitate to contact us if you have any additional concerns or requirements.
We're Good to Go
There are some simple steps we ask everyone to follow when visiting the house:
- if you feel unwell, please stay at home, we can refund your ticket or move your booking
- everyone must wear a face covering unless they are exempt
- sanitise your hands when entering, and use the sanitiser as you go round the house
- for ticket and shop payments we are currently only accepting card payment, so please come prepared
- when you’re exploring the house, follow the signs and make sure you adhere to social distancing when around others
Inside York Mansion House
When you enter the house, you’ll find some new additions to make your visit as safe as possible:
- hand sanitiser is positioned in every room and corridor for everyone to use
- there are directional signs to help you find your way round – this also helps you avoid others who are in the house
- while each time slot is for one bubble or household, there are three time slots per hour so you may come across others during your visit
- all staff and volunteers will be in PPE, and they will be doing regular full cleans of the house
- all toilets will be cleaned after use
- to bring your visit to life, download our free app onto your phone, and stay in control of your visit